Design of Steel Structures I Notes/Summary for Civil Engineering Seniors at Bachelor of Science in US - Free PDF Download

prof_dhir

University Course
Male
Hello to all BS Sophomores having Civil Engineering as Major,

I am sharing super helpful classroom lecture notes eBook in PDF format on the subject - Design of Steel Structures I. The subject Design of Steel Structures I is mostly taught to Senior year students in Bachelor of Science course having Civil engineering major at American Universities.

I have uploaded these classroom lecture notes and book summary on Design of Steel Structures I in PDF format for easy downloading below. Here is more info on it:

Subject Name: Design of Steel Structures I
Course: Civil Engineering Major for Seniors at Bachelor of Science as per US University curriculum
No. of Pages: 289

Topics covered in Design of Steel Structures - 1 lecture notes ebook:

Unit 1 Design of Steel Structures: Properties of steel – Structural steel sections – Limit State Design Concepts – Loads on Structures – Connections using rivets, welding, bolting – Design of bolted and welded joints – Eccentric connections - Efficiency of joints.

UNIT II TENSION MEMBERS: Types of sections – Net area – Net effective sections for angles and Tee in tension – Design of connections in tension members – Use of lug angles – Design of tension splice – Concept of shear lag

UNIT III COMPRESSION MEMBERS: Types of compression members – Theory of columns – Basis of current codal provision for compression member design – Slenderness ratio – Design of single section and compound section compression members – Design of laced and battened type columns – Design of column bases – Gusseted base

UNIT IV BEAMS: Design of laterally supported and unsupported beams – Built up beams – Beams subjected to uniaxial and biaxial bending – Design of plate girders - Intermediate and bearing stiffeners – Flange and web splices.

UNIT V ROOF TRUSSES AND INDUSTRIAL STRUCTURES: Roof trusses – Roof and side coverings – Design of purlin and elements of truss; end bearing – Design of gantry girder.

You can download the handwritten lecture notes eBook for Design of Steel Structures - 1 for Civil Engineering Seniors at Bachelor of Science (Engineering) at US university by clicking the link below. Cheers!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: